Monday, September 26, 2011

What Would Happen?

(London tunnel. Photograph by Moby.)

I listened to "Destroyed", Moby's latest album, all weekend. Have you ever heard a song that within moments fills you with strength and comfort and resonates down to the core of your being? Well, that's how I felt the first time I heard "Lie Down in Darkness"...and I'm betting you will too.
(LA at night. Photograph by Moby.)

It's poetic.
It's impassioned.
It's quasi-hymnal.
But more than anything, it's completely and totally inspiring.

It made me spend my Sunday creating this for you:
(If you're reading this via email subscription, click HERE)




P. S. Moby has created a fascinating website to accompany his album. Click HERE.


Director's Thanks:
I would like to give a special shout-out to the shelled creature I discovered in my garden who so tirelessly performed take after take for me until the afternoon light was just right. There's nothing like a Hollywood stunt snail.


15 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Bravo!
Loved every second of this.

AlisonHS said...

That was WONDERFUL! What a great way to start the week!

Thank you!
Alison

Babylon Sisters said...

love this - so inspiring - thanks!

DM said...

It's funny how some Moby songs have that effect on us. "One of these mornings" does it to me. It hits you like right under or inside your diaphragm....that's my best way of describing it without using my hands.

Kelly said...

That was wonderful to watch this evening, after a particularly hectic Monday. Great looking snail, too. Do't see many of them around SoCal much, lately.

cpaoutsourcing said...

It was absolutely wonderful. great way to start, I am very impressed on your thought.
outsourcing bookkeeping

Cathi said...

Loved this! I have been doing all of this - slowing down in order to notice, enjoy, listen to everything around me! Thanks for sharing!

24 Corners said...

We should all pay much more attentions to snails, Moby...and you, this was sublime and brilliant Lisa...the spark of mellow inspiration for the truly important has been ignited...thank you.
xo J~

Emily said...

Moby is genius., and would appreciate your video. My answer is "yes" to all of your questions. A big "YES"!!!

Julia @ The-Bulb.com said...

Ah, thanks Lisa! This arrived in my inbox just at the right moment - I was sleep-deprived and stressed but you set me right. I was so inspired I posted about it this morning on my blog, www.the-bulb.com.
I love the way you write and your worldview. Keep creating the way you do.
x Julia @ the-bulb.com

pve design said...

yes to more breathing, listening, exploring, cooking, celebrating and to living deeply.
lovely lisa-
pve

The Buzz Blog @ Diane James Home said...

WOW - need I say more? You are indeed an inspiration and a soothing balm for our hectic lives. Thank you, Lisa! XOXO Cynthia

Miriana said...

Thank you Lisa - another totally inspiring post. I love how you make me think about important stuff like that.

Miriana

Anonymous said...

thats exactly the way i feel about this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz8iEJeh26E&ob=av2n

i love that feeling!

Blue Turtle said...

I'm a big fan of Moby. And his latest is big!

J. Harp
writer @ Interior Design Pro

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin